Dementia Care in Rockhampton
Getting the right kind of support can make a big difference when you’re living with dementia. It can also help you live at home for as long as possible instead prematurely moving into residential care.
Dementia Caring provides personalised dementia care in Rockhampton, supporting people at all stages of the disease. Our experienced team of carers go above and beyond to support you or your loved one with dignity and compassion. We deliver best practice support based on the latest research, so you know you’re in safe hands.
Dementia Caring Rockhampton has local teams of carers and health professionals ready to care for people with dementia in Central Queensland. We also offer dementia support in Rockhampton and neighbouring suburbs such as North Rockhampton, Rockhampton City, Yeppoon and Gracemere. To find out if we provide support in your area, please get in touch.
Our range of services
We provide a wide range of dementia care services in Rockhampton to help people with dementia enjoy fuller lives and be as independent as possible. This includes:
- Specialised care – best practice dementia care that boosts self-esteem and enables people to enjoy quality of life without moving into aged care accommodation
- Domestic assistance – help with housework, laundry, cooking and keeping your home tidy
- Life skills – trained dementia care at home that supports with you with everyday tasks and daily routines
- Nursing care – professional healthcare support at home to help you stay healthy, safe and comfortable, including services from allied health professionals
- Community participation – social outings, craft activities, day programs in a friendly environment, and opportunities to enjoy activities while spending time with others
- Personal care – assistance with tasks like showering, getting dressed, toileting and getting ready in the morning
- Complex care – professional and compassionate in home dementia care, for all stages of the disease, including 24-hour permanent care
- Respite care – support when you need it (either in your home or in the community) so you can take a break knowing your loved one is in a caring environment
- Behaviour support – affirming, experienced and gentle support that maintains your dignity and self-esteem
- Transport – help getting where you need to be, such as appointments, around outdoor spaces, shopping and visiting family or friends
- Mobility and independent living equipment – we can help you purchase a range of support aids that help make life easier at home
Home Caring Rockhampton is a registered Home Care Package and NDIS provider. To chat to someone about making the most of your funding or build a care plan that’s right for you, call 1300 792 691.
Our dementia carer team
We offer dementia support services in Rockhampton from a dedicated team committed to helping people lead independent lives. Our dementia care providers are:
- rigorously screened, trained and experienced at supporting to people in the community;
- up to date on the latest research and best practice in dementia care;
- local carers – we have strong relationships with healthcare providers and organisations in the area;
- passionate about our clients – we deliver care with heart and love what we do!
Dementia Caring provides individualised support that treats each client as a person, not a task. We don’t believe that ‘one size fits all’. Our care team will take the time to understand your life story and build a relationship with you, to provide compassionate care that makes you feel safe.
We also collaborate with loved ones to provide special care, as we recognise how important a person’s support network is. We’re happy to give advice, provide guidance and offer support wherever needed.
Looking for dementia home care in Rockhampton? We’re here to help. Home Caring also provides dementia care across Australia. To enquire about our locations or chat to someone about your needs, please get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is dementia care in Rockhampton?
If you have been diagnosed with dementia, you may be eligible for a Home Care Package (if you are over the age of 65) or funding from the NDIS. This means you can access support services to help with your needs at a subsidised cost, making it more affordable for you.
Dementia Caring Rockhampton is a registered Home Care Package and NDIS provider. For more information on how much services cost, please get in touch.
Are your dementia care services flexible?
Dementia Caring Rockhampton provides individualised care that is based on each person’s unique needs and circumstances. We are flexible and able to adapt our service based on your needs – even when they change, so you don’t need to move to an aged care facility prematurely. With our broad range of services, we’ll work with you to deliver support that works with your schedule.
Do you involve family in a person’s care?
We recognise the important role family members and loved ones play in a person’s. We’re here to help you care for your loved one, whether that means stepping in to provide professional care, giving advice, taking some tasks off your hands or providing respite so you can have a break.
Can I switch to Dementia Caring Rockhampton from another provider?
You absolutely can. For guidance on how to move your support from your current provider, please get in touch or call 1300 792 691.