Dementia Care Mid North Coast NSW
Dementia Caring provides exceptional care services to seniors living with dementia on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales.
We support people living with dementia and their families, using best practice techniques to promote quality of life. No matter what stage of dementia you are at, we’re here to help you meet the challenges of everyday life.
Our local care teams cover a wide range of suburbs on the Mid North Coast of NSW, from north in Lansdowne to south in Seal Rocks. We provide care in NSW coastal suburbs such as Pacific Palms, Forster, Nabiac, Taree, Wingham, Old Bar and Harrington.
As a local care team, we are familiar with the suburbs where we care for clients, and are best placed to connect you to community services in your area. We offer convenient, flexible care that fits in with your schedule.
Our Home Dementia Care Services
As an Aged Care provider, we offer Home Care Packages to support people living with dementia. Our services include:
- Personal care (e.g. help with bathing, getting dressed, grooming)
- Domestic assistance for daily living
- Medication management for medical conditions
- One-to-one support for daily tasks
- Help with nutritious meal preparations
- Clinical care and supervision, including 24-hour care
- Transport to get you around the community
- Help using public transport, such as a bus service
- Engaging activities and social outings in indoor and outdoor spaces
- Respite care to assist loved ones
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- Specialised services for complex needs
- Companionship and daily activities for peace of mind
- Help staying calm and comfortable at home
- Honouring your lived history through an affirming approach to care
- Therapy from allied health professionals (e.g. physiotherapists, occupational therapists)
- Home modifications to make your space safe to live in
- Mobility equipment and independent living aids
- Physical and lifestyle activities to stay healthy and well
- Compassionate and sensitive palliative care
- Bilingual support for better cultural wellbeing
We’re here to help families who need a trustworthy carer on the Mid North Coast of NSW. Our years of knowledge and experience means we knows what it takes to live safely and comfortably at home, and prevent moving into an aged care facility before you are ready.
We can help you understand the symptoms of dementia, while meeting the challenges they bring to everyday life with practical and innovative solutions that put the person first. We are:
Experts in dementia care
- We know the latest research in dementia care
- We take best practice techniques and deliver them with a personal approach
- Our team is rigorously screened and up to date with their training
- We are committed to meeting the highest standards of care
Focused on the person, not tasks
- We put the person at the centre of their care plan, focusing on their needs first
- Our team are compassionate and truly care about their clients
- We respect our clients and support them to make informed choice about their care
- We provide individualised care based on each person’s unique needs
We work as a team
- We provide multidisciplinary care and work with a variety of health professionals
- We take a holistic approach to care, supporting the whole being
- We provide guidance for your family as they navigate this challenging time
- We take your support network into account when it comes to your care
Great customer service
- We listen to feedback and continually improve what we do
- We pay attention to the little things, so your care is of the highest quality
- We always do our best for our clients
- We have strong processes for dealing with conflict and complaints
Culturally sensitive care
- Receive culturally appropriate care from bilingual care workers
- Enjoy opportunities to attend cultural events and activities
- Our multicultural team reflect the people who we care for
- We treat everyone with respect, no matter their background
Looking for quality dementia support on the Mid North Coast of NSW? Please get in touch with our expert team for a free consultation. We’re happy to help.
Our Dementia Care Therapies
Specialised therapy programs can deliver plenty of benefits for people living with dementia and their family members. Our programs are based on best practice approaches and the latest research. We offer:
Music and Memory Therapy
Research shows that listening to music can help improve a person’s mood wellbeing. Other potential benefits include reducing agitation, minimising reliance on medication, improving family relationships, and decreasing in behaviour management issues. It’s also a great way for someone with dementia to enjoy a shared experience with others, even in the later stages of the disease.
Reminiscence is the practice of reflecting on past events as a rewarding and enriching activity. It can help people with dementia get in touch with functional parts of the brain, often through photos, music, sight and sounds. By recapturing the emotions and feelings connected to positive past experiences, this type of therapy helps deliver better connections with the past and present, and provides a reassuring activity when someone is upset.
‘This is your Life’ Storytelling Therapy
Everyone deserves to have their life acknowledged and honoured. Storytelling therapy uses a visual diary (much like a photo album, memory book or family diary) filled with mementoes, such as photos, letters, postcards, certificates and meaningful memorabilia. Browsing through the book reminds the person of the life they lived, and is a good pastime to share with family members and loved ones.
This type of engagement therapy uses Montessori products that are especially designed for people with dementia, to connect with people living with dementia. Montessori childhood approaches have proven to be beneficial for people with dementia. Sessions are built around the interests of each person, designed to improve engagement, independence and confidence.
Validation therapy is all about accepting the reality that a person is experiencing, rather than trying to force them into our own version of reality. By empathising with the person’s feelings instead of challenging what they perceive as real, you can build trust and create a sense of security. This helps reduces anxiety for people living with dementia and their families.
Respite care is when someone takes care of the person you support for a limited period of time. A care worker trained in dementia care can look after your loved one for a few hours a week, overnight, or for a longer period. It’s a great opportunity to take a break, take care of other responsibilities, or go on a holiday so you can recharge. This can ultimately make you a better carer, if you are providing ongoing care.
Home Care Packages for people with dementia
If you are living with dementia and find everyday tasks challenging, a government-funded Home Care Package can give you the support you need, so you can continue to live independently at home. Some of the benefits include:
- Regular support when everyday tasks become too difficult
- Supervision to ensure safety at home
- Help with personal care tasks such as getting dressed, toileting and showering
- Assistance with preparing and eating nutritious meals
- Guidance and care for families supporting someone living with dementia
- Improved physical and mental health
- Less social isolation, with opportunities to engage with others
- Assistance with communication and relationship building
- Being able to live at home for longer rather than moving into an aged care home
- Allied health wellness programs to care for your health
- Comprehensive dementia care throughout your journey, from basic care to complex car
- Care solutions for common dementia-related challenges
- Round the clock care for those who require constant supervision
- Transport to get you out in the community
- Household assistance with chores like shopping and laundry
- Nursing care in your own home, rather than residential care
You might be eligible for a Home Care Package if you are over the age of 65 (50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people), have a diagnosis of a condition like dementia, and are struggling to do everyday things around the home. Eligibility for government funding is determined through an ACAT assessment, undertaken in your own home with a trained assessor. You can apply for an ACAT assessment by calling My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or through the website.
If you are approved for a package, the government pays a subsidy so you can receive dementia support services on the Mid North Coast of NSW from a professional carer. You then receive a coordinated set of services from a provider you choose, to help you with tasks that you are unable to do on your own. The amount of care you can receive depends on the Home Care Package level you are eligible for.
As a Home Care Package provider, Dementia Caring provides in home dementia care on the Mid North Coast of NSW. We provide care to individuals through a wide range of aged care services, at all care package levels. Our dedicated care team would love to partner with you, so you can stay at home for longer and experience quality of life while living with dementia. For more information, please get in touch with our friendly team.
Looking for home dementia care on the Mid North Coast of NSW? Dementia Caring provides dementia support in Australia, including regional suburbs such as Lansdowne, Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms, Forster, Nabiac, Taree, Wingham, Old Bar and Harrington. We believe in quality care and provide a wide range of services tailored to each of our clients. For more information about our services or dementia home care in Geelong, please get in touch with our friendly team. We’re happy to help.