Dementia Care Fraser Coast
Dementia Caring provides compassionate dementia care on the Fraser Coast. No matter what stage of the disease you are at, our specialised care team will help you enjoy quality of life and live every day to the full.
As a registered Aged Care provider, we offer a wide range of services for people with dementia, including:
- Personal care (e.g. help with showering, toileting, and getting ready in the morning)
- Domestic assistance (e.g. help with cleaning and keeping your home safe and tidy)
- Medication management
- Assistance with daily activities through individualised care
- Nutritious meal preparation, cooking and grocery shopping
- Nursing care, including 24-hour care
- Transport to appointments and social events
- Social activities, outings and fun experiences
- Respite care to give family carers a break
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- Dementia specific therapy
- Clinical care
- Hobbies based on your individual interests
- Ways to connect with the community
- Specialised care for complex needs
- Companionship for peace of mind
- Helping you stay calm and comfortable at home
- Honouring your lived history through an affirming approach to care
- Allied health therapy (e.g. physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry)
- Home modifications to make your space safe to live in
- Mobility equipment and independent living aids
- Assistance with exercise to stay healthy and well
- Compassionate and sensitive palliative care
If you’re looking for a dementia carer on the Fraser Coast, we’re here to help. Our dedicated team of care specialists have the experience to provide effective support that is positive, encouraging and reassuring to clients and their families.
Experts in dementia care – our health professionals, dementia specialists and carers are committed to quality care throughout the different stages of dementia. We focus on each individual, treating them as unique. And we are committed to what works best for people living with different forms of dementia and their families.
Committed to families – we understand the stresses that come with caring for someone who is living with dementia. We provide dementia carer support on the Fraser Coast, and work with loved ones to provide respite, help them understand their loved one’s symptoms, and find effective solutions to everyday challenges.
Locally based – we’re proud to deliver quality dementia support on the Fraser Coast. Our team is made up of local health professionals and care workers who understand the area they provide services in, and are available to deliver flexible care in your suburb.
Committed to people – we truly care about our clients, and love to see them get the most out of life. Our team are compassionate, gentle and personable, taking the time to build a trusting relationship with their clients and their families, so you know you’re in safe hands.
Highly experienced – our dedicated staff team of carers and registered nurses are highly experienced when it comes to dementia support. Our knowledge and years of experience means you can trust us with any task, and rely on us to support you through your dementia journey.
Collaborative – we take a multidisciplinary approach to care, and work cooperatively with health care providers, health professionals and loved ones to support those living with dementia. We’ll be part of your team, as we work together to help you enjoy quality of life.
Looking for a dementia support on the Fraser Coast? Please get in touch with our friendly team for a free consultation. We’re more than happy to help.
Caring for Dementia – Fraser Coast
We support people living with dementia through specialised therapy programs designed to bring a wide range of benefits for people and their loved ones. Based on scientific research and best practice techniques, and delivered by an experienced dementia carer, our programs include:
Music and Memory Therapy – listening to music can help someone living with dementia connect to their memories. Music therapy has been proven to deliver improved wellbeing, reduced reliance on medication, better family relationships, and less behaviour management challenges. It can also provide an enjoyable way for someone with dementia to socialise and communicate with others through a shared experience.
Reminiscence Therapy – help loved ones reach functional parts of the brain through the use of sounds, sight, photographs and music. By recapturing the emotions and feelings connected to those past experiences, therapists help enhance the memory of those with dementia and help deliver better connections with the past and present.
‘This is your Life’ storytelling therapy – this type of therapy utilises a visual diary, much like a family diary or photo album. It can also include letters, postcards, certificates and other memorabilia that reminds the individual of people or places they loved, which they have lost connection with as a result of dementia.
Sensory Therapy – this type of therapy uses Montessori products, designed for people with dementia, to connect with people living with dementia. Montessori childhood approaches have proven to be beneficial for people with dementia. Sessions are built around the interests of each person, designed to improve engagement, independence and confidence.
Validation Therapy – rather than attempting to bring a person with dementia into our reality, it is much more beneficial to be empathetic and try to enter their reality. This helps build trust in the relationship, and creates a sense of security. This therapy reduces anxiety for families and carers and enables effective communication with the person living with dementia.
Home Care Packages for people with dementia
To provide home-based dementia care in Australia, the government subsidises Home Care Packages for eligible people over the age of 65 (or 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people). This provides affordable dementia care services for all seniors who need support at home, including those who need dementia support services on the Fraser Coast.
A home care package is a coordinated range of services that helps you with everyday tasks, such as cleaning, cooking, doing the shopping, personal care and staying healthy at home. A carer visits you in your own home, helping you on a regular basis so you can continue to live independently. It is available to people who need low to high level care.
For people living with dementia, a Home Care Package has many benefits, including:
- Regular support when everyday tasks become too difficult
- Supervision to ensure safety at home
- Help with personal tasks through dignified care, such as getting dressed, toileting and showering
- Help with preparing and eating nutritious meals
- Guidance and care for families supporting someone living with dementia, including respite care
- Improved physical and mental health
- Less social isolation, with opportunities to engage with others
- Assistance with communication and relationship building
- Being able to live at home for longer rather than moving prematurely into an aged care home
- Allied health wellness programs to care for your health
- Comprehensive dementia care throughout your journey, from basic care to complex care
- Care solutions for common dementia-related challenges
- Round the clock care for those who require constant supervision
To determine your eligibility for a Home Care Package, you must apply for an assessment with My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422, or applying for one through the My Aged Care website. You may be eligible if you have been diagnosed with dementia, noticed a change in what you can do or remember, or experienced a change in your family care arrangements.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be referred for an assessment with a trained ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) assessor. They will call you to organise a time to visit you in your own home. During the assessment, they will chat to you about your needs, and determine what kind of support suits you best.
Once you have been assigned a Home Care Package, you can choose an aged care provider who will deliver your range of services. To deliver your package, the government will pay your provider directly. You will then work with them to determine how your funding will be spent on your services.
Home Care Packages with Dementia Caring
If you’re looking for in home dementia care on the Fraser Coast, we’re here to help. As a registered Aged Care provider, we don’t believe that one size fits all. We provide care to individuals, which means we’re here to partner with you, so you can stay at home for longer and enjoy quality of life while living with dementia.
- Trustworthy and compassionate care workers who meet the highest standard
- A team of staff that truly care about you and your family
- Care plan management that gives you the most value from your package
- A person-centred care model that puts you at the centre
- Care in your native language and multilingual team members
- A flexible care team that suits your timetable and routine
- Expertise in dementia care from an experienced pair of hands
Looking for home dementia care on the Fraser Coast? Dementia Caring provides dementia support in Australia, including regional areas such as the Fraser Coast. We take an individualised approach to care, providing a range of services tailored to each of our clients.
For more information about our services or dementia home care on the Fraser Coast, please get in touch with our friendly team. We’re happy to help.