Dementia Caring provides exceptional home care for people living with dementia. As a locally-based team, our services in Darwin offer dementia support for people at all stages of the illness, including:
- domestic assistance (e.g. help with housework, laundry and cleaning)
- personal care (e.g. help with showering and grooming)
- cooking and meal preparation for good nutrition
- shopping assistance
- transport to medical appointments and social engagements
- medication management
- clinical care in the home environment
- allied health therapy (e.g. physiotherapy, occupational therapy)
- social engagement activities and companionship
- rehabilitation services and help with regaining life skills
- arranging home maintenance and gardening
- assistance with home modifications (e.g. adapting a bathroom to make it more accessible for your needs)
- mobility equipment (e.g. walkers, lift chairs, pressure care mattresses)
- 24 hour dementia care at home
- respite care when your loved one or carer needs a break
- assistance with safe exercise and mental wellbeing
Who we are
Dementia Caring provides high quality, compassionate care that puts the person first. We believe care should be highly relational, and do all we can to give people living with dementia dignity, purpose and choice over their care.
We also pride ourselves in providing exceptional dementia care services for Darwin residents, based on best practice therapies. Our team – all highly-trained locals – truly care about the people they care for. We stay up to date with the latest research and are passionate about providing a high quality service to our customers.
Government funded dementia care in Darwin
Are you looking for Darwin dementia support services subsidised by the government? Dementia Caring is a Home Care Package and NDIS provider. If you have been approved for a Home Care Package, we can deliver your government-funded services and help you build a package that best suits your needs.
Below are some common questions you may have about dementia care:
How do I qualify for government-funded dementia home care?
Australians have access to care in their homes – funded by the government. This helps keep aged care services affordable for everyone, and allows you to get the support you need.
To receive subsidised home care (otherwise known as a Home Care Package), your first step is to find out if you are eligible through an assessment process. This starts with a simple eligibility check that you can do over the phone or online through the My Aged Care website.
The second part is an in-person assessment with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). The assessor will come and visit you in your home, and talk to you about your medical history, how you are coping with everyday things and what needs you have. You can have a loved one with you throughout the entire process.
Once you are assessed as eligible for services, you will receive a letter saying that you qualify for a Home Care Package. You will then go on a waiting list until one can be assigned to you. There are steps you can take while you wait, so you are ready to start receiving in home dementia care when a package is available to you.
If you are just at the start of your dementia care journey and need help assistance for a Home Care Package, we can also help. Please get in touch for a free consultation with one of our experts.
Are your carers reliable?
We know how important it is to have a dementia carer who you trust. At Dementia Caring Darwin, we only work with care professionals who meet our rigorous standards, with all security clearances and qualifications. We also do our best to match you with carers who suit your personality, lifestyle and needs. Rather than having a roster of constantly changing staff who feel like strangers in your home, you will have a consistent team who take the time to get to know you, and build a rapport with you and your family.
Are looking for a carer who provides in home dementia care in Darwin? Please get in touch.
Can you help me stay connected to the community?
Maintaining your social life and being able to get where you need to go is important as you age. Our dementia home care services include supports to help you stay connected to your local community, including:
- transport to get you to appointments and social visits
- opportunities to join classes, explore hobbies and be part of social groups, with support for dementia needs
- social outings and excursions to get you out and about
- assistance with exercise and wellbeing
- support with everyday tasks in the community, such as going to the shops, medical appointments and more.
Do you offer specialist dementia care services in Darwin?
All of our staff are trained to provide care that specifically meets the needs of people living with dementia. They are also on hand to give advice and guidance to family members who are learning to live with symptoms, and how to best manage them on a day-to-day basis.
We also offer dementia support therapies that specifically care for people with dementia. These include:
- Music and memory therapy to connect people to past memories
- Reminiscence therapy as a positive and engaging activity
- Storytelling therapy (creating a visual diary of memories)
- Sensory therapy using Montessori products and specialised techniques
- Validation therapy that focuses on empathy and shared understanding
Do you provide care in other locations?
Yes, we do. Our teams provide dementia care around Australia, from Canberra to parts of NSW, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia – in both metropolitan and regional cities. To find out if we provide home care for elderly with dementia in your local area, please get in touch.
Are you looking for in home dementia support services in Darwin? We’re more than happy to help. Please get in touch to organise a free consultation with one of our experts.